Tuesday, July 6, 2010

To date

Sorry for the epic delay (this is assuming I'm not now typing to the void); I have been pretty busy with school, guitar and social life - teaching a few more lessons recently, although not that many, don't worry; I've just started practising with the soft tennis (like tennis but softer) club at one of my schools; got my first (sort of) public guitar performance coming up a week on Saturday; been to the nearby town Ninohe again for a club night with actual DJs and actual real live young people, I'd almost forgotten that sort of thing happened these days (for all its charms, Kuji isn't exactly Youth Culture central - everyone post-18 moves away or gets married, so I'm told). Trying out yoga in a couple of weeks, don't laugh. Friend from Tokyo who I used to live with in Melbourne and haven't seen since then (2007) is coming up with a bit of luck for the weekend of the 17th; on the 18th-19th apparently I'm going fishing; still making my mind up about Tokyo for the summer holiday (it's getting pretty damned muggy here and Tokyo's apparently twice as bad, and twice as smelly) but no firm alternative unless I wish to sleep in my car in Sendai or Sapporo or somewhere... So, anyway, keeping busy. Sleep is STILL an issue, the doc reckons it might be down to culture shock. Maybe soft tennis is the answer, maybe. Will try to be more constant in my affections hereafter, bye for now

1 comment: