First, apologies. It's been a ridiculous amount of time since the last blog and if anyone's still in the building consider me your admirer and debtor... anyway, just in case:
School: lessons for the term are over (barring a 5-day summer school I'll be teaching from Friday) and we're gradually winding down to the holidays. The nightmare class remains a nightmare, and the antics of some and the prospects of more of the same cause me to lose sleep on occasion, but at some level I realise this is not particularly unusual for a still relatively new teacher and that it's a useful experience. Results with the other classes vary but generally there's a nice atmosphere and I'm getting on OK.
Homecoming: somehow I only recently realised I'd actually be arriving in London in the very middle of the Olympics rather than afterwards as I'd thought. Despite the grim predictions I've heard of insane crowding, complete meltdown of public services, etc., I'm still looking forward to it a lot. Watching super-perky Japanese TV journalists bouncing round the Square Mile and reporting on the cobbles (this may affect their marathon runner's chances of winning gold) and on the variable quality of British cuisine (grrr...) has added a touch to the anticipation.
in and the rest has been very nice.
So I have, I promise, been pretty busy, but will nonetheless try to be a bit better in future!
Yours in penitence
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm still here Adam! Looking forward to hearing ALL about Tomoko while we catch up over many a beer :-)
ReplyDelete