Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Beginning

Hello to you all, I hope you had a very pleasant new year's. Mine was unexpectedly in Kuji (more on that in a moment) but fun nonetheless. After dinner and cards at a fellow ALT's house with other gaijin we all visited the local shrine at midnight to ring the bells and get our fortunes. Freezing but memorable.

The reason I'm back in Kuji already is that Shiho and I have broken up. Things hadn't felt right for a while, truth be told, and a few days into the recent stay it became clear that our personalities aren't right for each other, at least not in the context of a relationship. No plate-smashing, no horrible fights and we're still on good terms, just not as boyfriend and girlfriend. I'm a bit sad of course, but convinced it was the right decision. Better to end it now rather than drag it on and make each other suffer.

Tokyo, however, is still very much on: the job I interviewed for in November, to my great surprise I got offered; I also have an interview for another job which I'll be going back down for on Thursday (spending a mint on bullet trains right now). With a bit of luck I might have a couple of options to choose from. It took Shiho to make me a bit more ambitious for myself, and I'm hoping that's something positive I can take from our time together. That, and the memories.

So 2012 has a different complexion now, a little more of the unknown to it: nothing wrong with that though. Let's see what happens. Take care all, and have a fantastic year.

1 comment:

  1. Bravo Adam - a good positive philosophy for 2012!
    All very exciting, I look forward to the continuing Blogs.
    It can't be much more dramatic than 2011 . . .
    Love
    Catherine & William XXXX

    ReplyDelete