Friday, March 25, 2011

Biohazard

Cut a new dash today. One of the perks of my new temp job has been some groovy outfits: today, pouring quicklime on streets in Noda, we were rocking the goggles-and-protective-suit Biohazard look. Hopefully killing some bacteria in the process.

After that unloaded what seemed like 50,000 relief packages from delivery trucks, hoping I wake up tomorrow with arms like Popeye's as a result but doubting it.

In the evening finally got the long-awaited double-date that was supposed to have happened on the night of the earthquake. As promised, Hiromi was cute; she was also bright (teacher at the best highschool in Kuji), nice, lively and interesting. Conversation was entirely in Japanese and suffered as a result (in case I needed reminding, I've got a long way to go), but there's a chance - just a tiny chance - something more might come of it eventually. Hope springs eternal.

1 comment:

  1. Pictures again, please!
    We are very proud of you.
    We would rather read you news 'from the front line" than any BBC coverage.

    ReplyDelete