Last night of freedom tonight: I'm back at school tomorrow. The holidays of course feel as if they started yesterday but I am at least granted a first day back without any lessons to teach (which would, yes, beg the question of why I'm required back tomorrow? Not the kind of question one asks round these parts).
Despite bringing myself almost to the point of bankruptcy via Tokyo and the week or so after it back in Kuji, I have managed to fit in some outings with the boys and solo. Had a look at the aquarium (a bit old-school and scrappy but located inside a gigantic oil refinery which ups the interest quotient, for me anyway), some of the local ports and beaches - went on a big drive down the coast today which was pretty nice in the sun - and out to dinner with all the latest ALTs to arrive. Dana, Nate and Liz are gone; Jon, Erica and Zack are in and the Brits are even more veteran than we were 2 weeks ago, crikey...
Need to make a decision fairly soon about where, if I want to stay another year, I want to go (Kuji's nice but definitely a bit quiet). Which requires an initial decision on whether I want to stay another year. Not sure yet although I'm leaning towards Japan :o)
Photos of all the latest fun & games will be up on Facebook, take care and more soon. Back to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment