So, it's the school festival this weekend and although that means I don't get a proper weekend (attendance compulsory), it's not work proper either... assuming it's the same as or similar to previous such occasions, mostly my job is to wander around the exhibits put on by the students, clap at their shows, buy stuff from their mums at the jumble sale, eat huge quantities of junk food and make appreciative comments. There are tougher gigs.
Mood's improved in the last week or so thanks partly to the passing of time, partly to a chaotic but more enjoyable lesson with the tricky class this week. At least they didn't seem to feel as though we'd all happened to be put in the same cell on Death Row for the 50 minutes... which was nice. At some level I know that this is not an easy job and that the teaching of 190-odd students over the course of a year is not always (or even often) going to run smoothly, particularly at the first time of asking. And, bearing that in mind, I can reassure myself that I'm doing a decent job. Phew, for now.
Looking forward to Koichi's wedding next week, will be both my first time in Kyuushuu and my first Japanese wedding. I won't know anyone apart from the bride and groom but anticipate that as (I think) the sole Westerner present, and with large amounts of Temporary Loquacity Enhancer due to be imbibed by all, meeting folks shouldn't be a problem. Full report soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment