Saturday, October 29, 2011

Still alive

Promise! Blog-lethargy (Blogargy?) is a beast that's rather difficult to overcome, it transpires. Anyway... what's been happening?

Went to Tokyo at the beginning of this month for a few days, going again on Thursday for a long weekend which will also incorporate an interview at an international school in Chiba for a teaching position starting in April. Despite the distance from Tokyo and the fact that I'd have to stay in the teachers' dormitory during the week, the money on offer is nice and it would be quite a move up in the world. I'm not banking on anything coming from it other than interview experience but it should be pretty memorable whatever happens.

The last of my 3 schools' festivals tomorrow - the events last year were fun, as have been those this year, if almost exactly the same. My job is mainly to go round making appreciative noises and eating student-made snacks, not too tough an ask really.

My stint teaching an eikaiwa (English conversation class) on Wednesday evenings at the local community centre has been going OK, although with rather few students. I'm putting that down to other commitments rather than the teacher! That finishes in a couple of weeks after which I get a useful bit of cash to stick in the back pocket.

On the topic of saving, it also looks like I'm going to be moving in with Lee soon. Even though I already pay not much rent, such is the uncertainty of next year and such are Tokyo prices that it looks sensible to cut down further; Lee wants to save money for travelling so it suits both of us. Hope I don't snore too loudly!

No comments:

Post a Comment