Friday, July 22, 2011

Hanging Around

The last day at school this term; no earthquakes to mar this one yet, unlike last time. Bit bored to be honest – time’s dragging today. Anyway, quick update on the posish seemed in order.
Georgia and Zack’s going-away party is to be held next Sunday at, of course, Kenji’s office. As with most get-togethers organised by Kenji it will also be something of a musical gathering and so I’m down to play 3 songs. Particularly looking forward to duetting with Kenji on ‘I’ve Got You Babe’ although quite how that one will pan out remains to be seen… The happy couple are due to leave Kuji shortly afterwards before heading to America to get hitched and from there to New Zealand to start their family. Exciting times for them.
Everything continues to be very nice with Shiho. She’s still in Kuji but has a job interview in Tokyo in a couple of weeks’ time. Unfortunately as I’m pretty broke at the moment I won’t be able to join her this time but it’s been a massive bonus having her around for this much longer than I expected. She might well not take it even if she gets offered the position, but I have to keep reminding myself that sooner or later she will be leaving and all the Tokyo preparation will suddenly be a lot more pressing.
The Japanese exam a few weeks ago proved a bit tougher than expected – needed revision more specifically targeted at the exam rather than the general learning I’ve been doing, I quickly realised. Even money at the bookies on a pass, won’t be a disaster if I’ve failed but would be disappointing of course. Will find out in six weeks or so.
Not much planned for the summer holiday other than hanging around Kuji, getting more kanji in my head, dodging mosquitoes and hopefully swimming a bit. Possibly, maybe, I might go to Sendai for a day or 2 but that’s about the limit of my budget and ambition. Paying off debts then trying to get something saved for next year is the top priority.
On that sober and slightly middle-aged note, I shall leave you for now. Anyone who’s about to depart for their own summer hols shortly, have fun and always. wear. sunscreen. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment