Hello again. Quick one this as I'm heading to the latest Christmas drinks party in a minute, followed by another ALT's birthday celebration - my head's going to be in a sore place tomorrow but tonight will hopefully be worth it.
Teaching's gradually getting easier, bit by bit - the more things you try, the more you can pull out of the bag next time without having to spend 3 hours working it out in preparation. This means I haven't had to pull as many all-evening prep sessions recently, which is nice. By no means does everything work, but I'm starting to get a bit better at seeing what's likely to and what's not before actually trying to get them to do it.
The big dance performance is looming and I've been informed we're cross-dressing for it; but of course! Should give the audience a memorable spectacle at least. I'm now doing the Christmas concert song with another ALT, also a complete beginner; our performance needs some work, to put it mildly, but we've still got a couple of weeks left to try to get our fingers to do what we want them to. B Minor is a bugger, for anyone who doesn't know...
Anyway, this obviously is a minor problem and life's decent. Haven't decided yet what I'm going to see in Kyoto besides a few temple gardens to soothe the spirit and placate Papa but the lesson I'm doing on it next week should give me a few ideas.
Had a brief snowfall in Kuji the other day but no more since - it is, I've been told with relish, but a matter of time before we're all snowed in however. I shall be getting on very intimate terms with Japanese TV in the next few months I think.
Right, my chariot awaits; a good weekend to you, and take care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment