Missed out on Sapporo due to virtually the whole of Japan booking a hotel there on the holiday weekend, but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise - unless we'd managed something pretty spectacular it wouldn't have been half as memorable as proceeding down Kuji High Street carrying a Japanese lantern with half of Kuji looking on... The Kuji Autumn festival turned out to be (guilty flush) much better than I'd expected, see pics on FB for confirmation! Being served virtually our own weight in free sushi and beer afterwards was always going to help too.
Visiting an onsen at the weekend with the boys, Kenji and his sister and brother-in-law in Appi was lovely, but moreover:
2 major pieces of news. First is that sadly Gary is leaving in a couple of weeks, depriving me of one of my two best friends in Japan. His workload was insane compared to Lee's and mine and the fact he was only on the same pay and leave as us was an insult. I don't blame him for handing his notice in - I'd have been in a padded cell by now had I had his number of lessons per week. Will be sad to see him go though.
Second, unless something bizarre happens in the next few months, I'm staying for at least another year. Life, by and large, is too good here and the alternative at home too uncertain to do otherwise. If possible I'd like to try out somewhere other than Kuji but if I'm told that's the only option I'll take it. So might be some time before I see some of you again, unless of course you happen to make it over to this part of the world...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Exciting news! The right choice I reckon. We shall bare it as best we can... and I'll be out there as soon as is possible.
ReplyDelete