'Adamu! Adamu! Do you have big pennies, small pennies or normal size pennies?’ ’6 9 ha ha ha’ ‘Master Bay Tune! Master Bay Tune!’ ‘Sexu! Sexu!’,
etc. , etc.
In a school 90% composed of adolescent boys I guess it’s surprising I didn’t have these sort of comments in an earlier lesson, but they were certainly making up for lost time today. Fortunately managed to resist responding, ‘Bigger than you can possibly comprehend’, and/or ‘Why do you want to know? Are you gay?’ although was certainly tempted after they’d asked for about the 12th time in a row… Sigh, they don’t have any section in our teaching manual on this! In fairness I can remember our very first French lesson consisted of looking up every dirty word we could possibly think of while the teacher tried to teach us ‘Je suis’ and the kids aren’t particularly malign with it, just being normal 16-year-old boys (if that’s not a contradiction in terms). It is a bit of a P in the A though, perhaps they’ll grow out of it over the weekend? Yep, that’s what I’m banking on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment